Click Link below for Employment Application or pick up an application at the main office. 501 Forest Avenue Jackson, Alabama.
Life Coach (Direct Support Professional)-TACC is looking for relief and part-time Support Staff who are outgoing, self-motivated and willing to work in a team environment. Support Staff will be expected to assist TACC in achieving its vision towards full community inclusion for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. TACC strives to employ people with strong community involvement and connections, great abilities to communicate with various members of the community and a strong desire to support people with disabilities to achieve their life goals. Minimum requirements are a valid Alabama driver’s license, proof of auto liability insurance, a high school diploma or its equivalent and no felony convictions. Applications available at TACC or the Career Center. Applications are accepted ongoing.
Life Coach Interview and Hiring information
This position is for part-time and relief status employees and will not qualify for benefits.
Before the interview it will be necessary to view "We Get it Done: Working as a Direct Support Professional" video. If you need access to a computer please contact TACC and we will make arrangements for you to view the video. This is a 24 minute video that will explain many of the tasks you will be completing as a job coach.
Interviews are conducted in Jackson at The Arc of Clarke County. Following the interview, background and motor vehicle checks will be conducted. If you receive a clear status and are selected as a possible employee, TACC will contact you to attend new hire training.
New Hire training is a 3-4 day training held at TACC. The first day is not a paid training day. Applicants must pass the Medication Administration Certification (MAC) Test. The MAC testing is completed on a computer at our facility and applicants must have a valid email address.
The following items must be brought to the first day of new hire training:
- Valid state of Alabama driver's license
- Proof of Auto liability insurance
- High school diploma or its equivalent (such as a GED)
- If currently First Aid/CPR/CPI certified, please provide proof. Also, if you received a TB skin test within the past year bring documentation and it will not be necessary to repeat the skin test.
- Applicant must not have any felony convictions
JoJob Qualifications - this is a partial list and does NOT include all job requirements.
- Ability to provide transportation in vehicles that meet TACC safety guidelines. Team leaders approve personal use of vehicles.
- Prefer prior experience in working with persons with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and work in inclement weather.
- Ability to assume responsibility and exhibit initiative in the completion of tasks assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral form.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions in a multitask environment. Computer efficiency.
- Ability to work flexible schedules to meet individual person served needs.
- Ability to learn how to operate various pieces of equipment, i.e. blood pressure monitors, wheelchair lift, picture boards, etc. Ability to follow instructions.